Looking to dip your toes into the world of healthcare? Carrie Mesrobian provides practical ways to do just that:
- Hospital Volunteer: Get involved at a hospital, greeting visitors and giving directions. You’ll witness the hustle and bustle of healthcare and learn about patient needs.
- Blood Drive Volunteer: Team up with your local American Red Cross for blood drives. You’ll meet healthcare professionals, assist donors, and get a close-up look at healthcare needs.
- Medical Scribe*: Help doctors by documenting patient information. It’s like a backstage pass to the medical world!
- Spend Time with Seniors: Volunteer at long-term care facilities, making residents’ days with activities. You’ll also assist with personal care and gain hands-on experience.
- Emergency Responder: Join volunteer firefighter or emergency response programs. Learn crisis management, what people need during emergencies, and accident prevention.
These are just some of the many opportunities that will give you a sneak peek into the world of healthcare. It’s a great way to test the waters and build your experience. 🌡💼
Check out the full article to learn more about these opportunities and why they matter here!
*Medical Scribe recruiters regularly visit the Puget Sound campus. Keep an eye out in the SUB during the lunch hour for tables hosted by ScribeAmerica and ProScribeMD.