Below are tools (free to all Logger students and alumni), curated by the Career and Employment Services (CES) advising team, to support your career goals.
Want guidance on how to make the most of any of these tools? Schedule an appointment with a CES advisor via Handshake. CES is here for you!
P.S. Looking for CES Guides on topics like Resumes, Interviewing, & Negotiation? Here they are.
Searching for jobs, internships, and career-related events?
Use Handshake to interact with CES and to facilitate your career development process:
- Schedule appointments with CES advisors.
- RSVP for career-related events.
- Find jobs and internships. (Part-time, full-time… on-campus, off-campus — local, national, and worldwide!)
- Get personalized recommendations based on your major and interests.
CES has preloaded basic data to your profile to help get you started. Log in to claim your account and complete your profile!
Wondering what career paths various majors pursue?
Whether you’re exploring majors or searching for information about your chosen field, What Can I Do With This Major will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about:
- Typical career areas that each major pursues
- Types of employers that hire from each major
- Strategies to help you become a more marketable job or internship candidate.
Don’t see your major listed? Look at majors similar or related to yours for ideas.
Looking for Logger-to-Logger advice?
Join Logger Link to connect with alumni who want to help you succeed!
- Alumni are perfectly positioned to guide you. They’ve been where you are, and they have insights to share for life beyond college.
- You can easily search for and message alumni whose industry, location, or experience match your interests.
- Explore career paths, build your network, and pose career-related questions in community groups or to individuals.
New for Fall 2023: Register to be matched for a semester-long one-to-one, student-to-alumni mentorship program.
Explore interests & research career options
PathwayU is an assessment tool designed to help you discover more about yourself.
Uncover your path toward joy, meaning, and purpose by learning more about what makes you unique!
- Start by answering questions about your interests, values, personality, and preferences for a work environment.
- PathwayU shows you dozens of career matches, each with video overviews, success strategies, salary info, job leads, and more.
- Then you can dig in and explore options. Click the button below to get started!
Discover what motivates you
Assess your motivations and identify your unique key to finding satisfying work, and to achieving higher levels of productivity & accomplishment.
Use TruMotivate to gain insights for your career exploration and personal growth.
- Click the TruMotivate link below. (If the video doesn’t load, try using a different web browser. Chrome is recommended.)
- Follow the prompts and complete the assessment. (Allow 20-30 minutes.)
- Review your top 5 motivations and see a list of jobs that match with your results.
- Seeking expert guidance? Want in-depth results? Meet with a CES advisor!
Develop skills & gain experience
Forage is an online library of employer-designed job simulations. Tackle tasks that mirror what you’d do if you were an actual intern or entry-level employee:
- Sample work at leading companies.
- Explore career fields and job roles.
- Build confidence and “work-ready” skills.
- Demonstrate skills that employers seek.
- Bite-sized (5–6 hour) virtual experiences provide an “in” with Fortune 500 companies!
You can browse without registering. Ready to dive in? Sign up for your free account. Click the button below to see simulations that CES has selected, to get you started. (Looking for a different kind of experience? See the full list at Forage.com.)
Seeking paid experience, but short on time?
Use Parker Dewey to find Micro-Internships.
- Micro-internships are short-term, paid, virtual, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns.
- Opportunities can be found with companies in the Fortune 100 and in emerging start-ups, with projects available in sales, marketing, technology, HR, and finance.
- Use these projects to demonstrate your skills, explore career paths, and build your networks.
Unlike traditional internships, micro-internships:
- Take place year-round
- Range from 6–40 hours of work
- Complete in one week to one month
Handshake for on-campus jobs & after graduation…
Looking for part-time work on campus?
- Head to the On-campus Employment page to see a list of who’s hiring on campus.
- Or, if you’re logged in to Handshake, head to the Jobs menu; select All filters and choose On-Campus to show results for jobs that are available to all students.
- Nothing listed at the moment? Don’t miss out! Click “Save your search” to set a job alert.
Want to keep using Handshake after you graduate?
- To maintain access as an alum, add a personal email address to your account while your Puget Sound email is still active.
- In Handshake, click on your account icon/avatar in the top right corner, and go to Settings.
- Already an alum? Contact CES@PugetSound.edu for guidance on how to create an account.